Friday, August 30, 2013

Campus Chic: 7 Everyday Items


For some of you, school may have already started. Last year was my first year at university and it was definitely quite the experience. After spending one year away at school, I realized that there are some things I cannot live without. I found myself reaching for these items everyday on campus. I've compiled a small list with seven items that I loved and used everyday. Hopefully some of these find their way into your bookbag!

  • Computer: If you're like me, you live on it. Recently I picked up a MacBook Pro and I can confidently say that it has been the best decision I have ever made. It's great for taking quick notes in class, recording a lecture or even making up a presentation. Although they can be quite expensive, they are worth the investment. You don't need to own a MacBook! HP, Dell and Toshiba make excellent computers with a variety of options that are sure to suit your needs! Always go to your local computer store and ask them what they think is best for you. 
  • Agenda (Louis Vuitton Medium Ring): Keep track of your everyday schedule by writing it down. While modern technology makes it possible to sync everything up, I find appointments and dates stick better in my head when I actually write them down. Lilly Pulitzer makes some amazing planners as well as Victorias Secret. If you're looking for an even cheaper option, check the dollar store or your local Wal-Mart. I prefer planners that are leather bound with pockets because I am a keeper of all little things. The LV Monogram agenda above fits perfectly inside my Speedy 30!
  • Book Bag (Michael Kors Medium Jet Set Tote): The main goal when it comes to a book bag, is comfort. Look for something that is easy to carry but still manages to hold all your items. A bag that sits over your shoulder can be both stylish and convenient. If you're looking for something to hold heavier textbooks, consider a backpack with proper support. 
  • Watch: This is kind of an odd object to add to the list, but for me it was a lifesaver. While I'm able to grab my phone and take a quick glance, there are times when a watch is just that much better. Plus, I'm a huge watch fanatic so any day that I get to adorn my wrist with something new is great. 
  • Spiral Ring Notebook: While you're able to take notes on a computer, sometimes it's just easier to write them down. Look for a spiral ring notebook that allows for pages to be turned with ease. This makes writing more comfortable. Hilroy makes cheap subject notebooks that can usually be found on sale. 
  • Travel Mug: For those early morning classes. A cup of coffee stays that much warmer when it's sitting in an insulated travel mug. Careful when bringing them to lectures, some professors prefer no food and drink in lecture halls. 
  • Computer Case: Kind of a no brainer! A nice computer deserves a nice place to rest. Marc Jacobs makes my favourite cases that are easy to carry and fit inside most bags and backpacks. 
Those are just a few of the items that you can see me with around campus! Hopefully all of you have an excellent school year and I wish you all the best! 




1 comment:

  1. Great items! I totally agree. I just got a wonderful Fossil tote that I am in love with for carrying books to class.


    Emily
    eageremily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete