Friday, April 12, 2013

Lush Guide: Choose A Cleanser

I like to consider myself a Lushie. Now what is a Lushie you may ask? Well it can be defined as "a name for a person who is obsessed with the bath and beauty store Lush and knows all about the handmade, vegan, organic products and how to use them." I think this definition is pretty accurate! 

Lush is one of my favourite stores. Pretty much everything I use is from there! I think it's great that I can go to one place and find so many items that are not tested on animals, vegan friendly and all natural. But most of all, they work! I've decided to do a little blog series that I'm calling my Lush Guide. For those of you who haven't heard of Lush or maybe you just haven't shopped there, this guide will introduce you to some great products that are sure to help you and your skin out.

First off, I'm introducing you to cleansers. It's important to find a cleanser that you love because it is something you should be using on a daily or weekly basis (depending on the product). Your face gets beat up pretty badly each day by make-up and the elements so it's important to recognize that it does need some TLC. Your cleanser should match your skin type and it should not cause you to break out. It should leave your skin glowing, soft and feeling amazing. 

How do you identify your skin type? The little guide below will help you!
  • Normal: Your skin produces oils at a normal rate. It looks plump, healthy and vibrant on a daily basis. You don't suffer from blemishes. The easiest skin type to care for. 
  • Oily: Your skin often appears shiny all over. Your pores are often large and clogged. Oily skin types are prone to problems with acne and blackheads.
  • Dry: Your skin does not produce enough oil. You may notice flakiness around the mouth and nose areas. It may feel itchy and look extremely dull. 
  • Combo: Your skin becomes oily in the t-zone (forehead, cheeks and chin), while the skin around these areas is normal. You may break out from time to time but do not have a continuous problem with acne. 
  • Sensitive: Your skin reacts to whatever it comes in contact with. Perhaps a certain product makes you break out, while others work fine. Your skin is bothered by products that contain perfumes, alcohol and various types of oils. 
While this guide can help you determine what type of skin you have, you can always visit a dermatologist and have them tell you exactly what is going on with your epidermis. Once you've figured out what you skin type is, match it with the product below to find your perfect cleanser!



P.S. If you match your skin type to normal, only use LUSHs Ocean Salt 2-3 times a week!

1 comment:

  1. I went into Lush last year when I was visiting Santa Claus at Lennox Square Mall and they got some amazing stuff I really wanna try and some of their stuff. I don't have a cleanser and this guide is very helpful-I might try the ocean salt one day

    ReplyDelete