Friday, April 5, 2013

Review: Essence All About Matt Fixing Compact Powder

Essence has been one of my favourite drugstore makeup brands for a really long time. I first discovered the brand when I was in Germany a few years ago. I remember bringing back a ton of items and rationing them all because I didn't know if (or when) I'd be able to find their products in North America. 

About a year after I got back from Germany, I was shocked to see an Essence set up at my local Shoppers Drug Mart. They had all of the products that I had been familiarized with in Europe. I'm pretty sure it was like a kid in a candy shop. I think I bought everything.

My most recent purchase was their All About Matt fixing compact powder. I've only owned this one for a few days, but it's already made it's way into my purse as a staple.


All About Matt comes in one transparent pressed powder. No puff is included to apply it onto your face but I've just been using a spare makeup sponge. The container itself is fairly large and thick. I'm pretty sure that this product is meant to withstand the wear and tear of being in your makeup bag and purse. Although the packaging may be simple, the product really does live up to it's name. 


My routine for using All About Matt usually starts half way during the day when I find my forehead and t-zone kind of oily. Instead of applying more powder foundation to cover up the mess, I just pat on some of this product and the shine disappears! The nice part is that it doesn't make you look pale or alter the colour of your foundation. This powder reminds me of those blotting papers that are designed to remove all the oil from your face. It's awesome!

There really isn't much to this fantastic product. It won't break the bank and it only costs 3.99$! Way cheaper than any other compact makeup that I can think of. If you live in the United States, you can find Essence products at ULTA. If you live in Canada, you can find the products at select Shoppers Drug Marts. If you visit the Essence website, they list all of the places that stock and sell the brand! 

4 comments:

  1. I've wanted to try matte powder but I'm kinda scared of using it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No need to be scared. It's just a transparent powder that rids your face of all those icky oils. If you don't want to use a powder, you can try buying some oil blotting sheets! Does the same thing!

      Delete
  2. I've been looking for a good matte effect product, I'll definitely take this one into consideration when I'm out to get one :)

    lextravagance.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete