Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Review: L'Oreal Colour Riche Lip Balm in 118 Pink Satin

Once again I find myself apologizing for the lack of posts! I've been busy the past few days with college stuff. If you've been following my blog(s) for some time, you'll know that I made the (big) decision to leave university and transfer to a smaller college for an entirely different program. I've transferred from European and Russian Studies to a Bachelor's of Human Services in Police Studies. Quite the change, but definitely something I'm looking forward to! 


I'm usually not a huge fan of wearing anything on my lips. I like to keep them naked and all natural. I don't know why, but for some reason I just hate the feeling of stuff sitting on my lips. Sometimes I walk into the drugstore with the intention of buying nothing and come out with everything that I don't need. This was one of those times. 
Indulge your lips with Colour Riche® Balm. This tinted SPF 15 lip balm provides a hint of luscious, kissable colour, smoothing lips for a full 8 hours of continuous hydration. Lips are softer and more supple all day long—and keeps conditioning even after it’s been removed.

When I read the little description of the product, the first thing that caught my eye was the fact that this contains SPF. As an avid snowboarder, I know all to well what it's like to spend a day on the slopes and come back with horribly sore and burnt lips. Most people tend to overlook the importance of wearing a sunscreen on your lips. I consider it an added bonus and something that I now look for in all lip products. 


I'm also a sucker for the whole sheer look. This balm is easily applied to the lips and goes on super smooth. I don't find it making my lips sticky or tacky in any way and unlike what I've read from other reviewers, it did keep my lips hydrated all day. In fact, after a few days of wearing it, I noticed my lips were significantly softer. 

I picked up the lightest shade possible, 118 Pink Satin. However, all of the shades in this range are super sheer and you won't get an overload of colour on your lips. This colour had some gorgeous small flecks of glitter scattered throughout. It also complimented my fair skin tone pretty well. 


This product reminded me of Yves Saint Laurent's Volupte Sheer Candy balm in Juicy Grapefruit. While I didn't find it as shiny as YSL, it was just as equally moisturising. A great alternative if you're on a budget. This little tube cost me 8$ on sale at Shoppers Drug Mart. Canadian Problems = everything is more expensive than in the United States. 

One little con that I've found with this product are the packaging. While it's super cute and classy, the little notch in the bottom of the cap can be a pain in the behind if you're in a hurry. I'm able to appreciate the fact that the lid doesn't slip all over the place in my purse, but it's just a pain to have to match everything up. 


The L'Oreal Colour Riche Balm comes in 8 different shades:
Pink Satin (above), Rose Elixir, Tender Mauve, Heavenly Berry, Plush Plum, Caring Coral, Nourishing Nude, and Caramel Comfort
Definitely go check this lip balm out if you're looking for something that isn't to heavy and won't overpower your lips. What's your favourite brand of lip balm?



No comments:

Post a Comment